There is a blog that I follow about a lady, about 8-9 years younger than I am, with two kids a boy a year older than Chase and a girl a year older than Evan. She started her weight loss journey a year ago this month, I found and followed her blog when she was about 3/4ths of the way through. But it truly is inspriational, they way she stuck to it and was able to incorporate all of it into her life, including the exercise and has kept if off and actually continued to loose. She lost over 60lbs in 9 months. There are days when I will go back through her archives and reread her "Weight loss Wednesday" posts just to up my motivation.
I officially started Monday, with my 2010 Operation Healthier Me (in addition to the 2010 Operation Organization and Clean Out, which has not officially begun). I'm watching my caloric intake, I've removed soda (coke my crutch), and snacks during the day. I'm officially on day 5, and although day 4 was not as calorically sound as I would have liked, I still made some pretty good progress in the choices department. I got home late and got Chase to bed changed, said goodnight to Evan and went over to my mom's to help clean stuff out for her. They had already eaten, so I stopped at Taco Bell and got just a bean burrito, and that was dinner. Not a nutritious meal, but for caloric intake, not too bad. Then at mom's I was tempted by coke, chocolate and cookies. I did have an oatmeal cookie for desert, but had one and that was it. I was pretty proud of myself. Normally I would have had Bean burrito with sour cream, pintos and cheese, probably 2 cookies, and couple pieces of chocolate through-out the 3 hrs I was there. WOW, that's a lot of calories, the bean burrito alone is 370. OUCH, no wonder I couldn't loose weight.
I've also started the C25K program, I actually kind of enjoyed it, I think it was more the wow I actually did it, than the actual doing, but whocares! I did it. My friend Jessica is doing the same program and we're going to sign up for a 5K in March (possibly 2) to keep motivated. I did the run Tuesday night, did the Wii Fit for an hour Wednesday night (that is a lot of fun), and I plan on running tonight.
I might steal from Jenn (my motivational-blogger) and post weekly my loss that week. I'll just have to come up with a title.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment